- ½ lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined Substitute another 1/2 lb of meat if allergic
- 4 oz. fresh shiitake
- 3-4 bulbs of organic scallions, finely chopped
- 2.5 oz. organic shallots, finely chopped
- ½ cup bamboo shoots, minced
- ½ lb. organic ground chicken or turkey (can use a food processor here)
- 1 tbsp organic olive oil
- 1 tsp Redmond’s Real salt
- 2 tbsp organic coconut aminos
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 lb. jasmine rice, cooked
Preheat the oven to 400F.
In a bowl combine shrimp with ½ tsp salt and 1 ¼ cup water. Stir well and set it aside for 5-10 minutes, to remove the sliminess and keep it crunchy. Dump the water and rinse the shrimp a few times then finely mince.
In the meantime, finely chop shiitake, scallions, shallots, and bamboo shoots.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients from shrimp to arrowroot starch. Stir the mixture for about 2 minutes until sticky.
Line a large sheet pan with parchment. Lightly grease your palm with olive oil. Form about 18 meatballs.
To bake from fresh, Bake at 400F for 15 minutes then flip the meatballs. Cook another 5 min.
To assemble: Divide rice with 4-5 cooked meatballs in each lunch container.