- 1/2 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp organic white wine vinegar
- ¾ c organic parsley (flat leaf)
- 4 organic cloves garlic
- ¾ C fresh organic oregano
- ¾ c fresh organic cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp organic crushed red pepper
- 2 lbs. organic chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 cups organic grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 organic red onion, cut into cubes
Put the first eight ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse gently until well mixed and the herbs are chopped.
Marinate the chicken cubes in half the sauce for one hour or more. Set aside the rest of the sauce for basting and dipping.
If marinating for more than an hour, place the rest of your sauce in an airtight container and refrigerate. When ready to cook, take it out – this sauce Is best served at room temperature.
- Preheat your grill to 400 degrees.
- When ready, place a red onion cube, grape tomato half, and chicken cube on your skewer. Repeat the pattern until the skewer is full. Repeat with the rest of your skewers until all the ingredients are used.
- Cook the skewers over medium-high heat on the grill for eight minutes, until the meat begins to brown. Turn the skewers over and continue cooking for 8 more minutes or until there’s no pink left in the chicken.
- You can marinade with extra chimichurri sauce as the chicken cooks.
- Serve hot kabobs immediately with extra chimichurri sauce.