- 2 lbs ground organic meat
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium organic onion
- 3-4 cloves of organic garlic
- 6 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp Redmond’s Real Salt
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 cups of spring or filtered water or 2 cups organic beef broth
- 1 28oz can of Muir Glen organic tomatoes- fire roasted if you wish for more spice
- 1 can organic chili beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- Stovetop: Over medium heat sauté onions. When soft add garlic and sauté another 30 seconds. Add chili powder, paprika, and cumin. And sauté another 2 minutes. Add ground beef and brown, stirring to incorporate. When meat is browned (about 10 minutes), add water, tomatoes, salt, and oregano. Stir and bring to a simmer. Let cook about 2 hours. Add beans and cook another 30 minutes (skip if no beans). I always double this recipe for lunches or second meals during the week.
- Instant Pot: Put olive oil in pot and sauté onions, when soft add garlic and sauté another 30 seconds. Add chili powder, paprika, and cumin. And sauté another 2 minutes. Add ground beef and cook, breaking meat up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 7 minutes. Drain fat, if necessary. Add water or broth, tomatoes, salt, and oregano. Stir. Cook 14 more minutes.
You can find this recipe and more in my 90 Days to Clean Eating course!