Where to start:
- Eliminate all color food dyes. It is a stimulant to the brain and one of the ways that kids get rid of toxins is to fidget when they can’t move fast. This is not conducive when they’re in the classroom or online learning.
- Dramatically reduce sugar. We eat more sugar in a day than our ancestors did in an entire year. Sugar lights up the brain similar to how cocaine works-then you crash, the cravings continue but fulfillment is nonexistent, so you want more. Does this sound like your toddler or teen, happy for a bit (sugar high) then crashes and irritable. Think about coming off of cocaine would you be irritable too?
What to do instead:
- Eat fats. Good fats. Nut butter, nuts as snacks, and butter in cooking! Especially at breakfast time. Make sure they start out with a hot cereal like buckwheat with a dollop of butter instead of oatmeal and cereals.
- Use essential oils as they get started with the school year. Rosemary and Cedarwood are just a few known to increase our memory and the ability to retain information. CBD Calm is a perfectly safe product to use to control the jitters, fidgets, and anxiety that we are often seeing in school now.
- Drink only water. No Gatorades, no fruit drinks – just pure water. There are incredible results in math skills when the brain is not dehydrated. Check out my hydration recipe!
I hope these tips are helpful to you! Also, please go explore the 11 different types of intelligence and figure out which one is your child. When you realize that school only teaches one of these types you realize why so many children (and maybe even you) fell through the cracks of education. Become an advocate for your child’s style of learning. Make sure to check out my 90 Days To Clean Eating Online Course – it gives you all the recipes to make this happen!
I hope this helps get you off to a successful start to the school year!