Have a sweet tooth? See how I keep things healthy and delicious with my famous Maple Pecan Pie recipe.
- 1 Cup of Pecans Whole or Chopped
- 1 Gluten Free Pie Crust or Make your own you kitchen goddess, you.
- 3 3/4 Tablespoons Room Temperature Organic Butter
- 3 Organic Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup Organic Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Redmond’s Real Salt
- 1/4 Cup of Organic Sugar (optional) if you don’t use, add more nuts
- Preheat oven to 400. While heating put 1 cup of pecans onto a baking sheet and toast for 10 min stir once or twice let cool and then chop unless you used chopped to begin with.
- Once the oven has been heated. If using a frozen crust, thaw completely. Take a fork and “fork” it over the bottom and sides so it will cook evenly. Slip the pie crust onto the center rack and bake until the crust is light golden (about 10 minutes). Pull it out and reduce the oven temperature to 275°F. Now let’s put the pie filling together.
- In a large bowl wisk the eggs, sugar, butter, and salt together. Once mixed add the Maple Syrup. Mix thourghly. Put the chopped nuts into the pie crust and pour the liquid over the top of the pie.
- Place in oven to slow bake to ensure the filling bakes evenly. A higher temperature might result in the center of the filling to still be liquid while the outside is overcooked. Slip it into the middle of the 275°F oven and bake for 60 minutes.
- The pie is done when you hold the sides and twist gently. The outer filling should not move and the inside should jiggle a little. Take it out and let it cool. This will allow the center to finish cooking and will let the pie set. Serve after fully cooled.
- If you want to serve the pie warm, after the pie has been fully cooled, put it in an oven at 250°F for 15 minutes.
*Modified from The New Best Recipe Hardcover – October 15, 2004 by Cook’s Illustrated