There are some fantastic benefits of coffee.
- Boosts Energy and Alertness: Coffee contains caffeine, which naturally increases mental alertness, and focus. But too much can lead to anxiety and insomnia!!
- Reduces Risk of Type 2 Diabetes: Coffee, due to its ability to improve insulin sensitivity, lowers your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Helps Burn Fat: Caffeine in coffee has been shown to increase metabolism and help the body burn fat more efficiently.
- May Lower Risk of Some Cancers: Love studies like this! Coffee drinkers have a lower risk of certain types of cancers, such as liver and colorectal cancer.
- Protects Liver Health: Coffee contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that help protect the liver against damage and may lower the risk of liver disease.
- Improves Physical Performance: Want to improve physical performance by increasing endurance and reducing fatigue? The caffeine in coffee can help improve all of this.
- May Reduce Risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Disease: Studies have found that coffee consumption may reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, possibly due to the caffeine and antioxidants in coffee.
- Boosts Mood: Drinking coffee can improve mood and reduce the risk of depression and suicide.
- Contains Essential Nutrients: Coffee contains essential nutrients such as riboflavin, pantothenic acid, manganese, and potassium.
- May Lower Risk of Heart Disease: People who drink a moderate amount of coffee may lower the risk of heart disease and stroke, possibly due to the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds in coffee.
To make this drink as healthy as possible, here are my favorite things to add!! Organic whole bean dark roast is my absolute favorite. You can taste the difference between a freshly ground cup of coffee and one that is pre-ground. The other important part of my coffee is clean water – even though you are boiling it, that doesn’t mean it gets all the toxins out of tap water. You want to make sure you have a clean filtered water source. At home, I use two different methods, a French Press and Espresso Machine – here is how I do both!
Stainless Steel French Press:
- Coffee Grinder: grind course
- Add freshly ground coffee to the French press
- Add a thick spoonful of organic grass-fed butter
- Add hot water
- Let sit for at least 8 minutes
- Slowly press the lid down
Breville Barista Espresso Machine:
- Turn on the machine and add water
- Put portafilter (handle-looking part where grinds go) under grinder and push in to start the grind
- Coffee Grinder: grind fine
- Press coffee down into portafilter with tamp: press it down to get it all grounds flat, make sure they are even and level.From there, add a few extra pushes, but not too much force.
- Lock the portafilter into the machine and select a single or double espresso shot
- The next step is if you want to add warm milk to your espresso
- Some machines come with a milk jug and spout for frothing milk
- Inner Beauty Collagen – skin support
- Redmond Real Salt – hydration support
- CBD Mint or Cinnamon – pain support
- Tumeric Superfood Creamer – healthy fat support and anti-inflammatory
- EpiMatter – brain support works better with caffeine!
- Organic Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil – healthy fat support
- MudWater – adaptogenic mushrooms
- Organic grass-fed butter – healthy fat support
- Milk options
- Raw A2 Milk
- Full Fat Coconut Milk
- AlmondCow – make your own milk and mix up the nuts you are using! Reduces allergy potential and allows for every ingredient to be organic!